When you become a member of the credit union a savings account is opened in your name. An initial deposit of $20 is required, $10 of which is a one time membership fee, and $10 is the minimum balance required to be a member. All members must demonstrate regular activity in their account to keep it open. Other features of Regular Savings include:
- A competitive interest rate paid quarterly on the average daily balance in your savings account. Click here for current rate information.
- Withdrawals: To withdraw money from your savings account, simply stop by the credit union or go to an ATM terminal. Members may make up to three savings withdrawals per month free of charge. After the third withdrawal, there is a 2 dollar fee for every following withdrawal until the end of the months is up.
- Online access to your account and statements.
- If you choose paper statements, a fee will be assessed.
- Payroll deduction: You may have deposits to your savings account deducted directly from your paycheck if this service is available from your employer.
If you have any other questions about regular savings accounts at 1st University Credit Union, contact us.