A GUIDE TO HOW WE USE AND PROTECT MEMBER INFORMATION
At 1st University Credit Union, we value the trust you have placed in us, and we intend to continue to earn your trust each day. That’s why we welcome this opportunity to describe our privacy policies and steps we take to protect your personal information. You can be confident that your financial privacy is a top priority at 1st UCU.
Our mission is to provide you with superior products and services, along with the peace of mind knowing that your privacy is secure. We understand your concerns about guarding information about you and your account. We want to assure you that we have taken steps, and will continue to take steps, to safeguard that information.
1st UCU WILL PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who have a specific business purpose in utilizing your data. Our employees are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulation and leading industry practices to safeguard your personal information.
1ST UCU WILL COLLECT ONLY THE PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT IS NECESSARY TO CONDUCT OUR BUSINESS.
This means just what is necessary to provide competitive financial products and services – no more. This information comes from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, assets and income;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliate or others, such as your account balance, payment history, parties to transactions, and credit card usage;
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as your creditworthiness and credit history; and
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms, such as from your current or past employers or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions.
1st UCU WILL ONLY SHARE INFORMATION WHEN ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our members and former members to anyone, except as required or permitted by law. We may disclose information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. Those companies and financial institutions must agree to use the information only as necessary to carry out their responsibilities under our agreements with them. They may not retain, disclose to others, or use this information for their own purposes or benefit. Our disclosures typically include information to conduct the operations of 1st UCU, follow your instructions as you authorize, protect the security of our financial records, or process transactions on your behalf. The reasons we may share information:
- Assist us in providing service and account maintenance;
- Help design and improve our products;
- To offer a variety of insurance and investment products to our members; and
- Offer products and services that may be of interest to you.
We do not sell member information to any person or firm for any reason.
OPT OUT NOTICE NOT APPLICABLE TO 1ST UCU.
According to the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and the Fair Credit Reporting Act, financial institutions that engage in certain practices must provide opt out notices to their accountholders. This was put in place to protect you from activities that include the selling of your personal information. Because we do not participate in those types of practices, opt out notices are not applicable to 1st UCU. We only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality. We do not permit these companies to sell your information to third parties or use the information for any purpose other than intended. 1st University Credit Union is dedicated to protecting your privacy.